For assistance with logging into your Control Panel via your 'My Account' area, please go here.
To scan for viruses on your mail account or website files, please
- Log into your Control Panel (cPanel).
- In the Control Panel dashboard, under 'Advanced' section, click on 'Virus Scanner'.
- Select the desired type of scan from the list on the right side of the page:
- Scan Mail — Scans all of your account's mail folders.
- Scan Entire Home Directory — Scans your account's home directory.
- Scan Public FTP Space — Scans all of the folders that you can publicly access through FTP services.
- Scan Public Web Space — Scans all of the folders that you can publicly access through the web.
- Click 'Scan Now'. The time for the scan to complete depends on the size of your directory.
- If no virus is found, you will receive a notification which reads 'Virus Scan Complete. No Virus Found.'
- If the virus scan detects any infected files, the following actions can be performed:
- Quarantine: The infected file will be moved to a quarantine directory, which is located at / home /username /quarantine. The username represents the account username.
- Destroy: The infected file will be deleted from the directory.
- Ignore: The infected file remains in the directory.
- Once all appropriate actions are set, click on 'Process Cleanup' to complete the virus scan process.
Congratulations! You have successfully scanned your mail account or your website files for viruses.
Posting has been disabled.